Work Experience is an important opportunity for young people to gain valuable skills and experience in the work place, skills that they can take forward and utilise within their future studies and careers.
Work Experience is not just about adding to a CV, it is the perfect opportunity to carry out tasks or duties in the role of an employee and learn valuable work skills such as punctuality, communication, commitment and team work.
- We have an easy to use bespoke online management system (WebWex) at your fingertips. This reduces your administration time and printing costs.
- WebWex is also a point of information for parents and students so they can view and print details of jobs and placements.
- Our free and easy to use work experience diary is designed to encourage and motivate students prior to and during their placement.
- We have different programmes to suit the needs of students and the school' budget.
- Work experience contributes to Gatsby Benchmarks 5 & 6, and as a company we can help you achieve all others too.
All employers are appraised regarding Health & Safety in-line with HSE guidance by experienced and qualified staff. We check that all the necessary arrangements are in place for a safe working environment…
- risk assessment information is displayed on each student's job description,
- these assessments take account of students' lack of experience/maturity,
- we check that each employer has the proper insurance in-place for the duration of each placement.
We have thousands of businesses that work with us to provide work experience opportunities; we then offer these to schools in several different formats…
Students source their own placements as they will in the future, then Our Futures undertake the administration, insurance and health & safety appraisals.
Same as Self-placements but we find a wide range of placements so that the school co-ordinator can allocate appropriate students to them.
We source these placements according to the needs and requirements of your students.
Some students respond better, and gain more from working for a longer period, maybe 1 day per week for a couple of months or even the whole school year.
- A designated, very experienced and professional Our Futures Co-ordinator to liaise with.
- A planning meeting with Our Futures.
- 2 Assemblies for your year group (a launch assembly at the beginning of the process and a briefing assembly approximately 6 weeks before the students start work)
- An online management system to track your placements and book students in where applicable.
- Templates for the resources you need, e.g. bespoke school self-placement form, parent consent form, a free downloadable work experience diary.
- Online portal for students and parents to access resources such as a guide to finding a placement, information regarding the procedure, job description, their employers health & safety assessment, etc.
- Regular communication with employers.
- All students receive a certificate at the end of a successful placement.
- Evaluation resources.
- Our bespoke online WebWex management system is designed to cut down on administration time within school, the printing costs schools incur and as a point of information for parents and students.
- Our Employers also have their own online management system that allows information regarding students to be shared in a safe and secure manner.
- Our prices remain very competitive (prices start at £20.50 per placement) and we provide the online WebWex Portal at no extra cost.
‘I would like to say a massive thank you to my Our Futures co-ordinator for her commitment and dedication in supporting the work experience. Her quick response and getting all my answers has made the whole task to be a smooth process. Her support is much appreciated.’
‘Also, thank you for helping me deal with my work experience queries, delivering the work experience assemblies in helping to prepare the students. Everyone has been very helpful and the teamwork at Our futures is great!’
Levenshulme High School for Girls, Manchester
‘To say this was our first time using Our Futures, we found the systems easy to use, the support more than adequate and the placements well chosen.’
Brownhill Learning Centre, Rochdale
‘Fantastic service thank you for all your help. Always so efficient and answers any queries very quickly. The assemblies were delivered really well and definitely added value.’
Urmston Grammar School, Trafford
‘A very smooth experience with plenty of support where needed.’
Marple Hall School, Stockport.
We are committed to continually improving our systems and processes and our customer feedback plays a crucial part in this. We always conduct an evaluation at the end of each service and below are just a few of our results…
- 95% Overall service provided from Our Futures.
- 97% Level of communication with your Our Futures work experience coordinator.
- 98% Knowledge and expertise of your Our Futures work experience coordinator.
- 92% Assemblies Our Futures delivered assisted with preparing students for their work experience.